Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Routines and Rodeos



Hey everyone! 

Today was our second day of classes, so far I've only had my intensive spanish classes with other students in the SOL education abroad program (they call them my SOLmates, ha!) but tomorrow I have my first class with the locals...wish me luck- I'm a little nervous! 

I'm still getting oriented to the campus, the town, my family, the heat...but having a routine and classes and my own university ID card makes me feel way more comfortable (not to mention super fancy and Costa Rican). 

Here's my student ID (called a Carnet here).

As told by my last post, adjusting to life here has been harder than I thought, so to ease the transition, I'm going to focus on all of the awesome parts of life here. 

One really awesome part is my host mom, Marlene. She is a hardworking, loving, spunky lady; when I arrived she told me "we don't have a luxurious lifestyle, but we will love you and treat you like family." And she has. 

The first night, when I was homesick/nervous/overwhelmed, she found me crying in my room (I know, so pathetic) and made me get in her bed with her, under the covers and watch the costa rican rodeo on tv. It was just strange enough to cheer me up. 
My home for the next few months!




















TTFN, ta ta for now! 
Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment