Sunday, January 13, 2013

Volcanos, Lagoons, and Homesickness


I'm here, and it honestly has just sunk in that I'm going to be here until the end of April. I'm feeling so many things, excitement, nervousness, and homesickness

My host family is adorable. The house is mint green and tucked away on a street near the University and the Plaza. My nine year old host brother Josue is a gem, convincing me to get "crema de limón" when we went out for ice cream, constantly poking his head into my room to make sure I'm okay, and telling me stories to make me laugh when he knew I was homesick.

That is something that has been harder than I expected- I've been pretty homesick. But I know once I start classes and get into a routine I know the time will fly by.

Today all of the Sol students went to the most popular national park in Costa Rica, probably because of the beautiful active volcano and lagoon.

This is the crater that houses the volcano, see the smoke?



This is the lagoon, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

Another highlight of the day is making friends with the people in my program, they all seem nice and I hope we can all get closer as classes start and we settle into life here.


Pura vida, 
Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment