Friday, January 11, 2013

Anchors Away!

Confession: I've wanted to keep a blog for a long time, but I've always been too big of a wimp to start one. Little Morgans in my head would tell me: "Your life isn't interesting enough to write about" or "No one would read it anyway" But, at my mother's request I have silenced that voice (sidenote: it is totally normal to talk to yourself in your own head, right?) and I'm starting a blog. I feel a little more confident in this endeavor because I will have a lot to write about in the coming weeks-tomorrow I leave for a huge adventure: I am studying abroad in Costa Rica for 19 weeks!

I will be living in Heredia, a small town right outside the capital (San Jose), taking classes at a local university, and living with a host family. I am beyond excited!

Well, if I'm going to be completely honest- I'm also nervous and afraid. I have a fantastic group of friends, an incredible family, and frankly I'm comfortable in my life at school...things are familiar and safe.

But that's exactly why I need to leave! I want to see a new part of the world, a part that's completely unfamiliar to me...I want to experience culture and try new foods, I want to work on my Spanish, learn how to paint with watercolors, and go to a La Liga game! And to do that I have to leave my awesome, supportive, loving group of family and friends.

So I hope this rambling hasn't completely bored you and that you'll follow along as I depart for what promises to be the trip of a lifetime.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment